As we shared before school let out, the special funding to support free school meals was not renewed, and school meal payments will resume next year.
Your children may qualify to receive free or reduced-price school meals if they:
- Receive SNAP, FDPIR, or TANF.
- Are a foster child under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or the court.
- Attend a Head Start program.
- Meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant.
- Have a qualifying income, for example, for the 2022-2023 school year, a family of four that earns less than $51,338 per year.
We encourage you to apply now for free or reduced-priced meals. Paper applications are available at all schools and the District Office (1020 Main Street, Windsor, CO).
You only need to fill out one application per household. Even if you filled out the application in previous years, you will need to complete the application every school year.
For more information or for questions, please contact Ali Papendick, Director of Nutrition Services, at 970-686-8018 or email@example.com, or view these frequently asked questions.