This school year we were fortunate to have had special COVID-19 federal funding to provide free school meals to every student in our district. Unfortunately, this funding was not renewed, and school meals will resume next year with the following prices:
Elementary Lunch: $3.75
Middle and High School Lunch: $4.00
Please note, if federal funding is higher than anticipated, the prices may be reduced. However, they will not be more than what is listed for next year. Funding amounts will be finalized at the end of June.
Your children may receive free or reduced-price school meals if they qualify by:
- Receiving SNAP, FDPIR, or TANF.
- Being a foster child under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or the court.
- Attending a Head Start program.
- Meeting the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant.
- Having a qualifying income, for example for the 2022-2023 school year, a family of four that earns less than $51,338 per year.
We encourage you to apply for free or reduced-priced meals. Applications open July 5 for the 2022-23 school year. We encourage you to apply now for free or reduced-priced meals. However, you will still need to fill out the application again on July 5 for the 2022-23 school year.
Last, but certainly not least, if you need meal support this summer for your children, please visit the USDA’s website to find options.
For more information or for questions, please contact Ali Pappendick at 970-686-8018.