EMPOWER — our community outreach program — is now accepting applications through October 7 for the 2022-2023 cohort
Designed to provide an in-depth and behind-the-scenes look at various facets of the Weld RE-4 School District, EMPOWER looks to:
- Engage parents and community members for the benefit of our students.
- Equip community members with a deeper understanding of the district.
- Create a sounding board for better-informed district decision making.
- Provide opportunities for members to serve the community and build leadership capacity.
- Strengthen relationships across the community.
Participants will meet seven times for 90-minute sessions led by district leaders. Each session will cover a different topic — from finance and operations to classroom instruction, and technology to exceptional student services. Participants will be provided opportunities to learn more about the district through engaging presentations, student / staff demonstrations, tours, community conversations, and Q&A panels.
Approximately 25 citizens representing Weld RE-4 schools and various areas of our community will be selected to join a cohort of learners. The first session will be held on Thursday, October 27, from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., with subsequent sessions announced at the first meeting.
Applications are being accepted online. Selected candidates will be notified the week of October 10.
For more information, please visit the EMPOWER webpage or contact Katie Smith, 970-686-8095.