The Board of Education received recommendations from the Bond Steering Committee, and listened to presentations on the bond survey results and taxpayer impact at the June 20 work session. In order to fully discuss all of the information, the Board decided to meet again on June 24.
After careful consideration and thoughtful discussion, the Board provided direction to continue moving forward with the 2022 bond measure, currently to include:
- A new elementary school in RainDance
- A new elementary school in Peakview
- A new 900-capacity middle school
- An addition at Severance Middle
- An addition at Severance High
- A new Career & Technical Education Center at Severance High
- An expansion at Windsor Charter Academy
- Existing building repairs and replacements
The Board will officially vote to put the measure on the November ballot in August. Until that time, projects may change as new information emerges.
Details on all of these projects, including taxpayer impact, can be found on the Bond website. Detailed information will also be shared via email and social media over the coming weeks. And, you’ll see us out and about at community meetings and events throughout the summer. If your club or group is interested in a presentation on the bond, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.