Online enrollment begins in February for the 2024 - 2025 school year. Students must be 5 years old by October 1of their intended enrollment year to be eligible.

Kindergarten is one of the first exciting steps of your students' educational journey. We're excited to have your family join our district.

Students must be 5 years old by October 1 of their intended enrollment year to be eligible for kindergarten. We offer full-time and part-time kindergarten options with morning and afternoon sessions. Both programs meet Monday through Friday. Full-time kindergarten meets from 7:55 a.m. - 2:55 p.m. The morning session for part-time kindergarten is held from 7:55 a.m. - 10:55 a.m. and the afternoon from 11:45 a.m. - 2:55 p.m.

Explore information from each of our elementary schools below. To find your home school, enter your address in our Boundary Locator tool (2023 - 2024 | 2024 - 2025).

Full-time Lottery

We have a limited number of seats in our full-time kindergarten program. If there are more students registered for full-time kindergarten than seats available, a randomized lottery will be held at each school. To be considered for the lottery, a complete registration, including all necessary documentation, must be submitted by February 24. A lottery will be held, if needed, and families will be notified of their program status via phone by March 10

Those who are not offered a full-time program spot, will be placed in a part-time program and put on the full-time waitlist. The school will notify waitlist families via phone if a spot becomes available based on the date and time of the initial registration application. Families will have 24 hours to respond.

How to Enroll Your Kindergartener

Enrollment for the 2024 - 2025 school year will open in February. Students must be 5 years old by October 1 of their intended enrollment year to be eligible.

Existing Families

If your family already has students in our schools, you simply need to add your kindergartener to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Learn More

New Families

If you're a family that has recently moved into our district or if you do not have students in our schools, complete kindergarten enrollment through our online enrollment kiosk. Learn More

Interest List

Sign up to receive more information on Kindergarten Information Nights and Kindergarten Registration for the 2024 - 2025 school year. Sign Up

Kindergarten FAQs

Is full-time Kindergarten better than part-time?

“Better” depends on what your child needs. If they seem to be at-risk for not being as exposed to school environments and / or academic opportunities, then more exposure to school tends to reduce the potential for being retained later. In addition, if your child would need to attend a daycare due to work situations, consistent placement in one place is often better for a child. However, if during the other half of the day your child is not in school you are able to provide your own one-on-one time and experiences that enrich both your lives, that time is extremely valuable.

Are students who request full-time kindergarten automatically enrolled?

No, the first time we “pull” enrollment information is approximately two weeks after enrollment opens. If at that time there are less students registered for the full-time session then all those students will be assigned to a full-time class. If there are more students requesting full-time spots than available, there will be a lottery. Those not selected for the full-time session will be placed in a part-time class, as well as on a waitlist for the full-time program.

Are Choice Enrollment students eligible for full-time kindergarten?

We are not currently accepting Choice Enrollment applications from outside the district.

Does part-time kindergarten offer special services, such as IEP, interventions, or ELL?

Yes. All services are commensurate to the amount of time the students are in school, and they would receive the extra support for which they qualify.

Do we get to pick AM or PM if we are assigned to part-time kindergarten?

We do everything we can to accommodate those requests, however, an indication of your preference is not a guarantee.

Is there a cost to kindergarten?

No, there is no longer a cost to attend kindergarten.

I would like my student to attend a specific school. What do I do?

If you're looking to enroll a student at a school other than your assigned neighborhood school (2023 - 2024 | 2024 - 2025), visit the Choice Enrollment page.

How do I know if my student will ride the bus?

Our Transportation Department will reach out directly to you. If your student qualifies for bussing, AM kindergarteners will have a bus ride to school and will need to be picked up after school. PM kindergarteners will need a ride to school and will have a bus ride after school. Full-day kindergarteners will receive a bus ride to and from school.

What documents do I need for enrollment?

You will need proof of residency (signed lease / rental agreement, mortgage statement, or utility bill, including electric, gas, water, or landline phone bill), immunization status (current Immunization Certificate or immunization exemption), and proof of identity (Birth Certificate, passport, state issued ID, hospital certificate, or baptismal certificate). Proof of residency and immunization status can be uploaded online through the online enrollment process. Proof of identity will need to be provided in-person to the school office. Enrollment will not be processed until all paperwork is turned in to the school office.